Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply only to our online shop. Kensington Design & Developments Ltd. (also referred to as Kensington Design) has separate terms of business for interior design services.
VAT Number: 445928419
Company Number: 01870790
Registered Office: 36 Glebe Road, Finchley, London, N3 2AX
- In stock items – delivery within 1 - 2 working days
- Made to order accessories, furniture, curtains and blinds – delivery within 2-6 weeks
- Availability – all items are subject to availability. Will inform you as soon as possible if goods you have ordered are not available.
Our delivery costs:
- Collect from store – free of charge
- Orders under £250 – £15 including VAT
- Orders over £250 – free shipping
- These are items that are “held in stock” (unless there is a fabric choice in which case the item is considered “made to order”
- These are items that are “made to order”
Annoying things that sometimes happen:
- Out of stock fabrics & wallpapers – we will contact you immediately and advise you of your options (i.e. replacement fabric/wallpaper or are you prepared to wait for a new batch of fabric/wallpaper to be made)
- Fabric faults – fabric is woven in large batches and sometimes there can be missing threads and colour inconsistencies in the weaves. We pride ourselves on quality and where we believe there to be a fault in the fabric we will stop making what you have ordered and get new fabric sent to our workshop. If this happens it can add a little time to the manufacturing process. If this happens to part of your order you will be advised immediately
- Wallpaper faults – If the item is faulty or an order error has been made, Kensington Design will arrange a replacement and a collection of the goods. Kensington Design will arrange a full credit to a maximum of invoice value.
- Bank holidays – sometimes deliveries can get backlogged with bank holidays, but will try our hardest to make sure your order is not affected
- Condition of goods – if you believe your order to be damaged in any way on arrival please advise us within 48 hours of receiving your goods and we will advise as soon as possible on how to resolve the issue (i.e. returned, replaced or repaired)
- Sunlight Damage – Please note that upholstery and wooden furniture is likely to fade if left in direct sunlight for prolonged periods. Double or triple glazed windows are able to slow the rate of damage caused by UV light, but we suggest keeping susceptible items away from direct sunlight.
- Please ensure you measure correctly before placing your order. Consider staircases, doorways or any tight spaces used as access points.
- We try to offer the best possible service at Kensington Design and we are happy to deliver items to any room you require. The driver will assess whether or not he/she can physically manoeuvre the items into place and will only do so if items can pass freely through the spaces provided.
- Curtains & Blinds – these are manufactured in accordance with the measurements provided by you. Please follow the instructions on how to measure which are available on our website. If you are unsure, you can call us for advice and clarification. We cannot accept returns for goods incorrectly measured by you.
- The measurements of all furniture and furnishings made by us will be as accurate as possible, but are nevertheless approximate.
General terms and conditions
Please note that if you purchase from Kensington Design & Developments through our website, in person, in writing or by telephone you agree to the following terms and conditions.
Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact us by email email@example.com call us on: 020 7938 2000 between 9am-6pm Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm Saturday (excluding all UK bank holidays).
Made to order goods:
- Many of our goods are made to order (listed above) and are exempt from the Consumer Contracts Regulations which do not therefore give you a right to cancel. It is therefore very important that you are aware and happy with the orders you are placing.
- Our products are custom-made according to specifications provided by you and therefore we cannot accept returns or refunds on the products for any aspect of the product which has been determined by you in particular, incorrect measurements, heading, lining or fabric choices.
- Fabric samples – we have tried to represent fabrics as accurately as possible on the website. However, colours will vary between computer screens. Therefore, we suggest that you request a free sample(s) prior to ordering if you are at all concerned about slight differences in appearance.
- An order will not be processed unless we have received the funds in full. We then accept your order when we send you written confirmation of your order.
- In the event that a product is listed at an incorrect price due to a technical, administrative or other reason, we reserve the right to refuse your order whether or not the order has been charged to your credit or debit card. In this instance, we will issue a credit back to your card account.
- We reserve the right to change the conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the conditions then you must immediately stop using the website.
- Third party links. To provide increased value to our users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
- Orders – We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from our website.
- Description of products Each product purchased is sold subject to its product description, which may also set out additional specific conditions related to that product including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery dates and times. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on our website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep our website as up to date as possible, the information including product descriptions appearing on this website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a product until your order is accepted.
- Our liability to you in the event of our breach of this contract is never higher than the sum you have paid to us for the product or service you buy from us.
- You own the goods, (provided we have received payment in full) at the time they are sent out to you.
- We will not be liable either under these terms and conditions, in tort or otherwise for any economic losses, any loss of goodwill or reputation or any special or indirect losses either of you or anyone else arising from our supply of goods or services under these terms and conditions or otherwise. (This does not however exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of any employee or agent of Kensington Design).
Cancellations & Refunds:
We will accept returns and consider replacements or full or partial refunds if there is a significant problem with the quality of manufacture or faults with the fabric/wallpaper. You shall not be entitled to reject the Goods where the alleged defect or breach of contract is so slight that it would be unreasonable for you to do so.
- When an item of furniture is delivered to you, it is your responsibility, to check the goods for any fault or damages. You will be required to sign a confirmation that the goods have been delivered in a satisfactory condition.
- Any claim by you which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the goods or their failure to correspond with the specification should be notified to us on discovery. Any valid claim of this sort shall not be accepted by us unless made within 30 days from the date of delivery of the goods.
- We cannot be responsible for interest charges made by your credit card company whilst waiting for returns to be refunded to your card.
- If you believe your item is faulty please contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any return must be in the original packaging and in the same condition as it was received.
- Wallpaper & Soft Furnishing Fabrics: Colour matching – exact colour matching between different production batches cannot be guaranteed. Stock cuttings can be supplied on request.
- Wallpaper: It is the responsibility of the customer to check the following details are correct on receipt of order: design, colour, quantity and quality. Kensington Design cannot replace a product once it has been cut or hung. Where an additional quantity is required please note the print batch number. We regret that we cannot accept returns of less than five rolls of wallpaper, unless faulty. The 5 rolls must be the same item reference and supplied on the same invoice. Please note that a re-stocking charge of 20% of the invoice value will apply to goods being returned. It will be the responsibility of the customer to arrange the return of the goods to Kensington Design, 12 Stratford Road, London, W8 6QD. Goods can only be accepted for return by prior agreement with Kensington Design and must be returned within 60 days of invoice date. Please note: we do not accept any returns of paste or the Caledonia and Milan collections.
- ROMO & VILLA NOVA RUGS: Please note that a re-stocking charge of 25% of the invoice value will apply to goods being returned. It will be the responsibility of the customer to arrange the return of the goods to Kensington Design, 12 Stratford Road, London, W8 6QD. Goods can only be accepted for return by prior agreement with Kensington Design and must be returned within 60 days of invoice date.
- DASH & ALBERT RUGS: Please note that any rugs 122 X 183 cms and above will incur a restocking fee of 25% of the invoice value. It will be the responsibility of the customer to arrange the return of the goods to Kensington Design, 12 Stratford Road, London, W8 6QD. Goods can only be accepted for return by prior agreement with Kensington Design and must be returned within 60 days of invoice date.
- Fabrics :
Once fabric has been cut we cannot accept responsibility. Please note and check the following before cutting:
- Correct fabric and colour and meterage
- If this fabric is being made up for another customer please check the reference cutting or ask them for a description before you commence cutting
- Fabric may vary from sample colour and texture
- Some weaving flaws occur in all fabrics and will be marked and an allowance made
- For coarse woven fabrics we recommend sewing 11/12 stitches to each 25mm (1 Inch)
- 20mm (3/4”) selvedge must be taken for sewing
- Please ensure that the furniture design does not place undue tension on fabric or expose it to sharp internal components.
Return of goods:
- Please note fabrics are cut to order and as such cannot be returned unless if faulty
- Returns can only be accepted if the fabric is not in accordance with your order (checked within 48 hours of delivery). The fabric must be uncut and in its original state
- When goods are returned we ask that customers supply the original invoice number so that an immediate credit can be raised
- In the event of a return you need to ensure the item/s are returned using the same/similar protective packaging. The cost of any damage caused as a result of not using suitable package will be deducted from your final refund/credit