Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply only to our online shop. Kensington Design & Developments Ltd. (also referred to as Kensington Design) has separate terms of business for interior design services.
VAT Number: 445928419
Company Number: 01870790
Registered Office: 36 Glebe Road, Finchley, London, N3 2AX
- In stock items – delivery within 3-5 working days
- Made to order accessories, furniture, curtains and blinds – delivery within 2-6 weeks
- Hypnos Mattresses – delivery within 5-6 weeks – our longest lead-time item … we can’t promise anything but we will try our hardest to get this delivered more quickly
- Availability – all items are subject to availability. Will inform you as soon as possible if goods you have ordered are not available.
Our workshop holidays are two weeks in the summer and ten days at Christmas and you will be advised if this has any impact on your order.
Our delivery costs:
- Collect from store – free of charge
- Orders under £250 – £9.95 + VAT
- Orders over £250 – free shipping
Kensington Design & Developments Ltd. offer various products online (you will see these in capital letters listed under the shop products).
- These are items that are “held in stock” (unless there is a fabric choice in which case the item is considered “made to order”).
- These are items that are “made to order”
Annoying things that sometimes happen:
- Out of stock fabrics & wallpapers – we will contact you immediately and advise you of your options (i.e. replacement fabric/wallpaper or are you prepared to wait for a new batch of fabric/wallpaper to be made)
- Fabric faults – fabric is woven in large batches and sometimes there can be missing threads and colour inconsistencies in the weaves. We pride ourselves on quality and where we believe there to be a fault in the fabric we will stop making what you have ordered and get new fabric sent to our workshop. If this happens it can add a little time to the manufacturing process. If this happens to part of your order you will be advised immediately
- Wallpaper faults – If the item is faulty or an order error has been made, Kensington Design will arrange a replacement and a collection of the goods. Kensington Design will arrange a full credit to a maximum of invoice value.
- Bank holidays – sometimes deliveries can get backlogged with bank holidays, but will try our hardest to make sure your order is not affected
- Condition of goods – if you believe your order to be damaged in any way on arrival please advise us within 48 hours of receiving your goods and we will advise as soon as possible on how to resolve the issue (i.e. returned, replaced or repaired)
- Sunlight Damage – Please note that upholstery and wooden furniture is likely to fade if left in direct sunlight for prolonged periods. Double or triple glazed windows are able to slow the rate of damage caused by UV light, but we suggest keeping susceptible items away from direct sunlight.
- Please ensure you measure correctly before placing your order. Consider staircases, doorways or any tight spaces used as access points.
- We try to offer the best possible service at Kensington Design and we are happy to deliver items to any room you require. The driver will assess whether or not he/she can physically manoeuvre the items into place and will only do so if items can pass freely through the spaces provided.
- Curtains & Blinds – these are manufactured in accordance with the measurements provided by you. Please follow the instructions on how to measure which are available on our website. If you are unsure, you can call us for advice and clarification. We cannot accept returns for goods incorrectly measured by you.
- The measurements of all furniture and furnishings made by us will be as accurate as possible, but are nevertheless approximate.
General terms and conditions
Please note that if you purchase from Kensington Design & Developments through our website, in person, in writing or by telephone you agree to the following terms and conditions.
Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact us by email [email protected] or call us on: 020 7938 2000 between 9am-6pm Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm Saturday (excluding all UK bank holidays).
Made to order goods:
- Many of our goods are made to order (listed above) and are exempt from the Consumer Contracts Regulations which do not therefore give you a right to cancel. It is therefore very important that you are aware and happy with the orders you are placing.
- Our products are custom-made according to specifications provided by you and therefore we cannot accept returns or refunds on the products for any aspect of the product which has been determined by you in particular, incorrect measurements, heading, lining or fabric choices.
- Fabric samples – we have tried to represent fabrics as accurately as possible on the website. However, colours will vary between computer screens. Therefore, we suggest that you request a free sample(s) prior to ordering if you are at all concerned about slight differences in appearance.
- An order will not be processed unless we have received the funds in full. We then accept your order when we send you written confirmation of your order.
- In the event that a product is listed at an incorrect price due to a technical, administrative or other reason, we reserve the right to refuse your order whether or not the order has been charged to your credit or debit card. In this instance, we will issue a credit back to your card account.
- We reserve the right to change the conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the conditions then you must immediately stop using the website.
- Third party links. To provide increased value to our users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
- Orders – We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from our website.
- Description of products Each product purchased is sold subject to its product description, which may also set out additional specific conditions related to that product including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery dates and times. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on our website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep our website as up to date as possible, the information including product descriptions appearing on this website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a product until your order is accepted.
- Our liability to you in the event of our breach of this contract is never higher than the sum you have paid to us for the product or service you buy from us.
- You own the goods, (provided we have received payment in full) at the time they are sent out to you.
- We will not be liable either under these terms and conditions, in tort or otherwise for any economic losses, any loss of goodwill or reputation or any special or indirect losses either of you or anyone else arising from our supply of goods or services under these terms and conditions or otherwise. (This does not however exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of any employee or agent of Kensington Design).
Cancellations & Refunds:
We will accept returns and consider replacements or full or partial refunds if there is a significant problem with the quality of manufacture or faults with the fabric/wallpaper. You shall not be entitled to reject the Goods where the alleged defect or breach of contract is so slight that it would be unreasonable for you to do so.
- When an item of furniture is delivered to you, it is your responsibility, to check the goods for any fault or damages. You will be required to sign a confirmation that the goods have been delivered in a satisfactory condition.
- Any claim by you which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the goods or their failure to correspond with the specification should be notified to us on discovery. Any valid claim of this sort shall not be accepted by us unless made within 30 days from the date of delivery of the goods.
- We cannot be responsible for interest charges made by your credit card company whilst waiting for returns to be refunded to your card.
- If you believe your item is faulty please contact us by email on [email protected]
- Any return must be in the original packaging and in the same condition as it was received.
- Wallpaper & Soft Furnishing Fabrics: Colour matching – exact colour matching between different production batches cannot be guaranteed. Stock cuttings can be supplied on request.
- Wallpaper: It is the responsibility of the customer to check the following details are correct on receipt of order: design, colour, quantity and quality. Kensington Design cannot replace a product once it has been cut or hung. Where an additional quantity is required please note the print batch number. We regret that we cannot accept returns of less than five rolls of wallpaper, unless faulty. The 5 rolls must be the same item reference and supplied on the same invoice. Please note that a re-stocking charge of 20% of the invoice value will apply to goods being returned. It will be the responsibility of the customer to arrange the return of the goods to Kensington Design, 12 Stratford Road, London, W8 6QD. Goods can only be accepted for return by prior agreement with Kensington Design and must be returned within 60 days of invoice date. Please note: we do not accept any returns of paste or the Caledonia and Milan collections.
- We will treat all your personal information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will do our best to comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
- When you shop on this website, we will ask you to input and will collect Personal Information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password. We may also collect information about where you are on the internet (eg the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit and any search terms that you entered on our website. We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
- You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service.
- We confirm that any personal information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any user information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act and Kensington Design understands best practice for managing information. We use your information only for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders;
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this website and its services to you;
- To serve website content to you;
- To administer this website;
- You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your statutory rights.
- When you create a shopping account while ordering online you will be given the option to receive information from Kensington Design & Developments by post, e-mail or telephone, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration process. You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by replying to a promotional e-mail with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line, by e-mailing us at [email protected] or telephoning us on: 020 7938 2000 between 9am-6pm Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm Saturday (excluding all UK bank holidays)..
- Your personal information may be disclosed to reputable third parties who will help process your order. Kensington Design & Developments Ltd. requires all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential. We will not release your personal information to any company outside of Kensington Design & Developments Ltd. for mailing or marketing purposes.
- You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information and /or user information, we are entitled do so.
Questions regarding this Policy should be directed as follows:
Kensington Design & Developments Ltd.
12 Stratford Road