Throughout history the pub has been the focal point of the community
British pub goers are just as likely today to go and visit their local pub to eat, not just to drink due to the rise of the gastro-pub. Below are a list of some of our favourites in the Kensington area with outdoor space:
- The Devonshire Arms – Bohemian pub with heated beer garden on our doorstep (Marloes Road)
- The Builders Arms – Georgian pub with colourful interior (Kensington Court Place)
- The Churchill Arms – built in 1750 – famous for its flower decked exterior (Kensington Church Street)
- The Windsor Castle – one of the largest secret gardens tucked behind it – (Campden Hill Road)
- The Scarsdale Tavern – built as living quarters for Napoleons conquering army (Edwardes Square)
For those of your not based in west London, here is a great Time Out link to London’s best beer gardens.